Getting Our House In Order

My name is Meg and I live in Buffalo NY with my husband Andrew and our cat Jake.
We are working on getting our house in order by saving money, getting organized, and simplifying things.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010




The Walgreens Challenge officially begins!


It was a strong start. I purchased $41.26 in products and spent .76 for it!

I have $85.24 left on my gift card plus $14 in register rewards for a total of $99.24 in challenge dollars remaining.

Here is what I did (it worked so well, I did it twice! I needed separate transactions to get all my register rewards)



4 bags Hershey’s “Pieces” Candy on sale 2.50 each

-4 $1 off coupons from the paper a few weeks ago (I had 1 from the paper and got the remaining from the coupon master-a clipping service)

Buy $10 in Hershey’s receive $5 in Register Rewards

1 20ct Excedrin Menstrual formula on sale for 2.50 each (I know! This deal is the ultimate PMS survival kit!)

-1 $2 off Excedrin printable (I got the link from the Iheartwags website)

Buy 1 get $2 in register rewards (only works for the menstrual formula, which is why I got that one)

Each separate transaction was $7.38 and gave me $7 in register rewards

I did this twice, so my entire haul was 8 bags of candy and 2 Excedrin. I only have a picture from 1 transaction. The other candy and Excedrin are at my office.

PLUS I got 2 coupons for $1 off 1 bag of M and M’s(1 printed after each of my transactions). They are good until 4/21 so I’m thinking I’ll get a pretty sweet deal on holiday clearance after Easter if I don’t use them before. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment