Getting Our House In Order

My name is Meg and I live in Buffalo NY with my husband Andrew and our cat Jake.
We are working on getting our house in order by saving money, getting organized, and simplifying things.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Less Choice?

I read this article about stores offering fewer "brand name" products in order to focus on house brands.  This article talks specifically about Wal-Mart but this could become a trend that may be bad for shoppers.  Less competition could mean higher prices and possibly fewer coupons! Boo!  In a way it reminds me of Wegmans. I love Wegmans, but they focus heavily on their own brand, and its not a great place to coupon as a result!
Read the article and let me know what you think!http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/15/news/companies/walmart_dropping_brands/index.htm?cnn=yes&hpt=C2

No comments:

Post a Comment