Getting Our House In Order

My name is Meg and I live in Buffalo NY with my husband Andrew and our cat Jake.
We are working on getting our house in order by saving money, getting organized, and simplifying things.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Walgreens Today

 I have the day off of work today, becasue I have to travel to Austin TX and work this weekend.  I took the time to go to Walgreens to use up some register rewards that would have expired before I got back.
Here's what I got:
3 12 packs of Pepsi  3/$12
2 Tostitos Scoops 2/$5
2 Tostitos Salsa 2/$5
1 Lipton Green Tea $2.99
1 Theraflu $3.99
1 Welches Grape Jelly 2/$5  (I only bought 1, so $1.50)
I used the following coupons
.75 of any welches
$2 off Theraflu (from coupons.com)
$13 in register rewards
Total spent $17.58
Not bad.
I got back $14 in register rewards ($10 from the pepsi/tostitos deal, $4 from the lipton/theraflu deal)
I will also get $7.50 from a mail in rebate for the pepsi/tostitos.
I only count register rewards against my total when I use them to make a purchase. Some count them when they earn them.  I try to count my true Out of Pocket expense.  I am new to doing mail in rebates (more about that another time) and my plan is to take any checks I get from them and put them in the savings account.  I will keep a tally and decide if it is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment