Getting Our House In Order

My name is Meg and I live in Buffalo NY with my husband Andrew and our cat Jake.
We are working on getting our house in order by saving money, getting organized, and simplifying things.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's Get Started

You've got to start somewhere, right? 
My husband and I have set a goal to buy a single family house next year.  We already own an investment property that we have lived in for the last 11 years.  When we bought the place after we got married, our plan was to live in one apartment for 3 years, and then buy a single family house.  Then life happened. Long story short, we're still here, and we have some finacial work to do before we make this goal a reality.

I have been an avid couponer for about a year now.  I do it to save money, sure, but for me mostly its a hobby.  I get a real thrill out of the deals I get. I've noticed that a side benefit of this hobby is that I've become more concious of my spending, and I've really improved my budgeting skills. By improved, I mean I actually think about the money before I spend it, instead of wondering where it all went after it is gone!! I'm sure you can relate to that.  Good money management is so important, and just being organized makes all the difference!

So in order to keep myself accountable in this journey, I've decided to blog about it.  I will share my coupon strategies, and  periodically let you know how we are doing as we progress towards our goals.  I'll keep track of the money I save, the ways I come up with to build our savings, and of course the details of the house hunt when we get there.

I'm excited about the Journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment