Getting Our House In Order

My name is Meg and I live in Buffalo NY with my husband Andrew and our cat Jake.
We are working on getting our house in order by saving money, getting organized, and simplifying things.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Gratitude

For the past few days, I have been thinking about gratitude.  Probably because it seems the universe wants it on my mind. I heard it on the radio, read it in books and magazines while I was traveling.  Sometimes the signs are all there, you just need to notice them.  This time its pretty obvious.   I need to take a step back and appreciate all that I have.  Be grateful.
I have a lot to be grateful for in my life.  If I really think about it, I have an embarassment of riches.  I have a wonderful husband, a loving and supportive family, friends.  I have a good job, the opportunity to see the country through my business travel, an income that pays our bills and helps us prepare for the future.  I have a great place home and I live in a great city.  I am truly blessed.
This project...getting my figurative house in order...is really a lesson in gratitude.  It is one thing to acknowledge all the good in ones life.  It is another thing to honor it all by taking better care of it.  I want to be a good steward of all I have received.
Think about your life today.  Everyone had problems, sure.  Some are so overwhelming, they seem to take  over your entire life.  Believe me , I've been there. But today I challenge you.  Take a step back and look at the good.  There is ALWAYS something, no matter how small.  Focus there.  Watch what happens.  And keep an eye out for signs.  The universe talks to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment