Getting Our House In Order

My name is Meg and I live in Buffalo NY with my husband Andrew and our cat Jake.
We are working on getting our house in order by saving money, getting organized, and simplifying things.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Walgreens Challenge week 5-$$ Profit today!

OK. This week is a great week at Walgreens. Here's what I got for a $5.20 profit. That's right. I got paid to take this stuff out of the store!!
Here's the breakdown:
1 Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix $1 on sale
1 Betty Crocker Frosting $1 on sale
Used $1 off cake and frosting coupon from todays paper
2 Betty Crocker warm delights $1 ea on sale
Used $1 off 2 coupon from todays paper
1 Dulcolax $10 on sale get $10 in register rewards
Used $4 printable from smartsource.com
1 Dove hairspray $4 get $4 in register rewards
Used $2 off 1 printable coupon from Dove Website
1 Simply Saline allergy and sinus $7 get $7 in reg rewards
used $1 off 1 from a previous sunday paper
bottled water $2.99 wih Walgreens coupon in the weekly ad
used $2 off water hang tag from the dulcolax
1 Betty crocker brownie mix $1
This was my "filler item" so I could used $4 register reward from last week.
I paid $15.80 on my giftcard (this includes tax and bottle deposit)
I received $21 in register rewards
$5.20 in profit
YAY!
I have $42 left on my gift card plus $21 in register rewards.
Challenge totals are as follows:
$63 remaining (started with $100 gift card)
$37 spent
$175 in merchandise purchased so far.
I will probably go in again later this week to get the Dove Money Maker as I have more coupons.
The more profit weeks I have the longer the challenge will go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment