Getting Our House In Order

My name is Meg and I live in Buffalo NY with my husband Andrew and our cat Jake.
We are working on getting our house in order by saving money, getting organized, and simplifying things.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Walgreens Challenge Week 3

This was a good week for deals at Walgreens.  Good thing, since I had $10 in Register Rewards getting ready to expire!
Challenge Totals are as Follows:
Merchandise Total: $119.30
Dollars Spent:$25.57
Remaining balance: $74.43
This was a big shop versus my previous 2 on the challenge. You can see my overall savings ratio took a hit, since it was about 90% and now more like 75% (no, these are not exact figures...not a math girl here!!)
But, these are all things we need, and we'll give a few things to my father in law, so we are all good.
Here's what I got:


3 Kraft singles on sale 2/$5
3 Deli Fresh lunch meats on sale 2/$5
I used 2 $1 off coupons (printed from coupons.com a few weeks ago)
1 Oreo Cakester $2.50
used $1 off cakester from facebook
1 Chips Ahoy $2.50
These qualifed me for the buy $20 get a $5 register reward deal
2 Oral B toothbrushes
Used Buy One Get one free coupon from todays paper
1 crest toothpaste
Used $1 off 1 crest
These were on sale 3/$9 and I got $3 in register rewards for them.
1 box splenda on sale $2.99
used $1.00 off Splenda from last weeks paper
1 Grape Nuts on sale $1.75
Used $2.00 off 1 printable coupon.  .25 cent moneymaker here!!
1 Gallon Milk $2.99 (ouch! I totally paid the lazy tax on ths one, becasue I didn't feel like making another stop at Aldi and we were out of milk!)
So Grand total on this trip
Total before sales and coupons: $60.72
Total savings $42.75
Spent on Gift card $17.52
Received $8 in register rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment